The Je’Caryous Johnson Foundation is a nonprofit organization, whose goal is to inspire and enrich lives through the arts and scholarship. Accordingly, the foundation will award one $5,000.00 scholarship in the spring semester of the current academic school year to a student, who is currently enrolled or will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student at an accredited Historically Black College or University* (HBCU).
This one-time, non-renewable award will be paid directly to the institution the recipient will attend. Funds will be applied to student’s tuition costs only. To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must complete the online application at jecaryousjohnsonfoundation.org and upload all required documentation by January 31st. A committee will review all applications and the scholarship will be awarded based upon a rubric of pre-set criterion.
TO BE ELIGIBLE, APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be enrolled at an HBCU and classified as an active undergraduate student in good standing or Be an active high school senior, graduating in the current academic year with plans to attend an HBCU
- Have a G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher
- Complete the online application at jecaryousjohnsonfoundation.org by the January 31st deadline
- Upload a current copy of his or her official high school or college transcript (high school transcripts required for incoming freshmen only)
- Upload two letters of recommendation
- one from a current or former teacher (must be a non-relative)
- one from a mentor, coach, activities sponsor, community leader or employer (must be a non-relative)
- Provide information related to participation in extracurricular activities and/or community service
- Provide information related to leadership qualities and any awards or recognitions he/she has earned
- Complete the required essays
THE APPLICANT AWARDED THIS SCHOLARSHIP MUST SUBMIT:
- A copy of their letter of acceptance from the academic institution he or she will attend in the subsequent academic year
- The start date for classes and deadline for tuition payments
- The address, phone number and other related information for the Financial Affairs | Financial Aid Office at the school he or she will be attending
- Student ID number at the institution he or she will attend in the coming year
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Failure to attend school within one year of the scholarship award date will result in a forfeit of all funds.
- Applicants who receive this award agree to have their image and a brief bio featured on jecaryousjohnsonfoundation.org